This Warranty sets forth our maximum liability for our products. Your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses or damages resulting from any cause whatsoever shall be as specified above. We make no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose to the original purchaser or to any subsequent user of the product, except as expressly contained herein. In the event state law precludes exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than, and the time and manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same as, that provided in the express warranty stated herein.
Do not hang or finish a defective door, if you plan to return it. The following are the limitations not to be considered defects and not covered by this limited warranty:
- Because all doors are natural wood, some discoloration and natural grain textures are considered acceptable.
- Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. The term warp shall include, bow, cup, and twist. In measuring the amount of warp present in a door, the following method must be used. Bow, cup, and twist are measured by placing a straight edge, taunt wire, or string on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e., horizontally, vertically, and diagonally.) The measurement of bow, cup, and twist is made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straightedge, taunt wire or string and the face of the door. Warp shall not be considered a defect for a 6’8” door unless it exceeds a 1/4” in the plane of the door. Warp shall not be considered a defect for an 8’0” door unless it exceeds 3/8” in the plane of the door. No doors taller than 8’ or slabs wider than 42” shall be warranted. Action on any claimed warpage may be deferred at the option of Glenview Doors, Inc. for a period of up to 12 month since it is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjusts to local climate.
- Trimming of door more than a 1/2” in the width from either side of the door and 1” on the height (top or bottom) of the door.
- Doors which are improperly installed, hung or do not swing freely. We strongly recommend that the doors are installed by interior trim contractor.
- Exposed to extreme weather conditions, including, but not limited to, the following: where snow conditions exist, the door must be installed at least six inches above the porch or stoop in order to prevent snow buildup, and installation of door in prolonged direct sunlight, as typically occurs in South and Southwest exposures.
- Damage caused by water penetration for any Door built with ADA Thresholds / Sills which offer little resistance to water penetration and have a potential to leak water. We recommend these systems be installed away from weather under large overhangs.
- Damage resulting from any cause beyond the control of Glenview Doors, Inc. including, but not limited to, damage caused by normal wear and tear of doors or its components, improper storage, installation or maintenance, elements penetration resulting from improper caulking or installation, misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, or any other act of nature (see Handling and Maintenance for more information).
- Glenview Doors, Inc. specifically disclaims and voids the warranty in the event of customer’s pick up at our facility in Elk Grove, Illinois, and carrying the doors away in any manner inconsistent with or contradictory to our personnel’s recommendations, e.g., without limitations, not properly positioned or unsecured.
- Any door that has not been sealed and finished in substantially the same manner on all six sides of the door. Bore holes, mortise pockets, and any other trimming of the door must be sealed and finished for this warranty to take effect.
- Except for those doors of the original design, any additional component or hardware built into the door is not warranted in any manner.
- Damage caused by installation of any storm door or combination door, which causes damaging heat buildup. Damage caused by heat buildup and inadequate conditions as a result of covering doors, among other materials, in plastic or insulation materials blocking air circulation and creating other negative effects. Wood doors are very sensitive to extreme climatic conditions and we specifically advise against covering the doors in plastic during construction process, and provide adequate air circulation at all times.
- For red oak doors, mineral lines and sound knots are acceptable when evenly spread throughout the door.
- For unfinished doors, any and all problems related to improper finishing of all surfaces and panel edges, variation in texture due to finishing, or finishing the door with high gloss of dark colors or use of polyurethane.
- For unfinished doors, failure to fully seal and finish all six sides, including the back of hinges, with oil base, and NOT water based, sealer or paint within 72 hours of receiving the door.
- Natural characteristics of unfinished wood movement are not warranted: wood doors are susceptible to expansion and contraction partially caused by temperature and humidity variations. Small surface checking or slight shrinking, which may cause tiny cracks at the joints, may occur under these conditions.
- Damage or misuse caused by the third parties, including, but not limited to attempted repair by parties other than authorized personnel of Glenview Doors, Inc., or any causes beyond the control of Glenview Doors, Inc.
Glenview Doors, Inc. does not warrant any product against glass breakage or glass damage for any reason.
The following glass panel limited warranty shall be void if the unit has not been stored, installed, and maintained in reasonable and workmanlike manner, or if the damage is resulting from exposure due to installation in an unprotected opening, such as an installation without sufficient roof covering protection, which causes the door and glass panel to be exposed to an unusual amount of direct sunlight and/or precipitation. All beveled glass and textured glass panels are hand made, therefore, this decorative process may cause natural, bubble-like areas to form in the glass. Bubbles, lines, slight surface deviations or discolorations are characteristics of all fine hand crafted glass and are not to be considered imperfections.
Triple glazed insulated glass panels: Glenview Doors, Inc. warrants insulated glass panels for a period of THREE years from the date of shipping of the insulated glass panel, against permanent failure of the hermetic seal directly attributed to defective manufacturing, which failure results in permanent obstruction of vision through the panel.
This limited warranty does not apply if the failure of the seal is caused naturally by what may cumulatively be defined as Acts of God, damage as a result of exposure to corrosive fumes or condensates, damage resulting from excessive stress from movement of the structure, glass distortion or breakage, mishandling or by any other cause whatsoever not within our exclusive control, and shall not apply unless the failure occurs and claim is delivered to us within THREE years after the date of shipping of subject insulated glass panel.
In the unlikely event of our door developing a defect, Glenview Doors, Inc. will, at its option, repair the door or provide a replacement at no cost to the Original Purchaser.
Except as set forth above, Glenview Doors, Inc. offers no other warranty, express or implied, with respect to the product.
All warranty claims must be presented as outlined above, within the warranty period for the specific product. Glenview Doors, Inc. will not honor limited warranty claims made prior to payment in full for the warranted product. Upon validation by Glenview Doors, Inc. of any claim, Glenview Doors, Inc. will at its option:
- Repair the product, and return it FOB our Elk Grove, Illinois, facility, freight collect; or
- Furnish a comparable replacement product FOB our Elk Grove, Illinois, facility, freight collect; or
- Refund the purchase price paid for the product by the original purchaser of the product.
Glenview Doors, Inc. is not responsible for any losses, and expressly disclaims and denies any and all liability, including, but not limited to, injuries to persons and property of others during delivery and subsequent handling of doors by customers.